All we need




Silent bells of colors parade around the House of Enchantments, transcending their own names (because I am so ignorant of botany, ha !). Regardless, they are so... "belles" ! As I venture to do some lapses in my pool, braving its 14 Celsius, even what feels like the sweet and soft fragrance of a citrus tree is divine and makes me feel like a water nymph...

Do we have to know the name of things to savor, to celebrate, to love ? I know the first one at least. Jonquille (which, I suspect and based on similar green stems in its vicinity, I will be entitled to pluralize within a few days). And I quickly learned the English translation (daffodil) when I migrated here because they faithfully announce our beloved season of rebirth.

I have some various succulents too. And no matter how severe the depth of my gardening ineptness is, I can count on them to survive.






Flowers are at every turn, everywhere I look, greeting me on my morning walk, and against the blue sky, these tiny, round, white petals that are now floating on my pool makes my landscape look like a Van Gogh painting.







While sweeping my front porch and steps, trying to remove the mini piles of dead leaves and with them, stagnant energy, then thinking about people I love and wishing I could show them all these offerings of nature, I was awe-struck by these bright, delicate purple mini-ventilators (not knowing the actual name of things is way more fun and poetic, don't you think ?)








And this last one for today is simply my favorite. There was one such fairy hat yesterday, and this morning, to my immense delight, a twin had appeared ! And there are a few more who will likely show up based on the buds I could see, and almost hear... 

Oh, how I feel like a child again, waiting for the next morning with poorly contained excitement as I wonder what I will discover, or how many more patches of colors will I be able to admire during my own very special spring festival at the House of Enchantments !

I am in such bliss and gratitude for all this beauty that surrounds me that I have an urge and an itch to grab a pencil and a piece of paper and immortalize it on a drawing. As I realize once more that for most of my adult life, I sought to draw complexities or inaccessible subjects, which created a major barrier and prevented me from even getting started, it is as if these simple beauties popped up just to remind me that all we need is around us and in us.  So, enveloped in the quietness of my Sunday, I think that luck is not only found in four-leaf clovers but in purple flowers with five petals, or fuchsia fairy hats, or daffodils. This vibrant nature is proof that Mother Earth is perfect as is, if we only let her be... I eagerly celebrate and honor her as she unfolds herself and invites my senses and artistic inclinations to undergo their own rebirth.



P.S.: if you know the name of any of these mysterious seasonal guests, would you be kind enough to educate me ? I don't have the App to identify them. Thanks ! :)






 

Comments

Popular Posts